Friday, July 21, 2023

False Evidence Appearing Real


I wrote my first book, “Telling It All From The Heart” because I believed there was some stuff in me that I needed help with. I was struggling with some issues. One of the issues I struggled with was fear.  

As a young girl I remember when I came to America from Trinidad, being bullied in High School. My biggest fear was what someone would do or say to me if I did not do what they told me to do. I developed a very low self esteem growing up as a teenager in America.

I recall an incident during my junior year, some girls roughed me up because they wanted me to give them the answers to the big test. I ended up giving them the answers because I was filled with fear.

I soon developed a fear of people, which brought a negative aspect to my life that caused me to cry many tears and suffer great hurt. I can recall times of being afraid to talk to people. I became shy and withdrawn. When I became filled with fear, my emotions got out of control. Anytime I saw these girls coming, I tried my best to avoid them.

But finally, during my senior year, I decided I had enough of their bullying. I decided I had nothing to lose so I made up my mind to fight the leader of the group, and to my surprise, I ended up giving her a good lashing, and even though I ended up getting suspended, it was worth it because when I returned to school, nobody bothered to bully me again.  

We should not have a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. I have learned that we cannot be worried about what one will say, think or do to us. Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real.

I remembered, a couple of years ago, I was in a car accident that greatly impacted my life. I am blessed to be alive.

On my way to a speaking event, my husband and I, decided to switch cars and while I was parking my car, for some reason, my car instead of shifting into reverse to park, lunged forward and before I knew what hit me, my car had hit a short gate and flipped completely over.

The car was upside down across the street and I was suspended in mid-air with my hands on the steering wheel. The seat belt I was wearing securely strapped to my body kept me from being thrown from the vehicle.

For a brief moment, I had a flash back as my entire life passed before me. I had a déjà vu moment and every fearful event that I ever experienced came to life before me. And then I felt the Spirit of the Lord and suddenly this brilliant light flashed before my eyes, and 2 Timothy 1:7 came alive to me: God does not give us a spirit of fear…….and

Fear tried to take hold of me and all I could do was cry out to my husband, (When I met my husband, I knew right away, he was the man for me. The timing was right, as I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Tired of the old habits I was going through, such as hanging around with the wrong crowd. People always asking me, “When are you getting married?”)

having faith that all would be well. It turned out that my faith helped in letting go of some of the fear I encountered. I felt a stronger presence of God in that moment. And His Supernatural Love, entered my heart and removed any remaining fear.

Then I heard my husband’s voice and apparently out of nowhere two strangers appeared and helped my husband unbuckle my seatbelt and pull me from the vehicle. As my husband and I went to thank the men, poof…they had completely vanished.

It seemed like within minutes; the fire department arrived and flipped the car back on its four wheels and a tow truck appeared to take my vehicle to the repair shop.

The love is God is so amazing. We were still able to pick up my son and I was still able to speak at the event.

My original message wasn’t spoken that Sunday. Instead, I spoke: ‘Stay Focused Because God Totally Got This.” I spoke that day about love, family, and faith and how I came to overcome fear though faith which worketh through love because perfect love (God) cast out all fear.

And friends if I can leave you with one gold nugget. Let me leave you with this. If you are struggling or having a hard time dealing with fear, choose to substitute your fear with faith that worketh through love and no one or nothing will ever dare bully you ever again.

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clearing the Clutter Within

As we stand on the brink of a new year, it's time to embrace a liberating purge—not just of the tangible mess around us but of the intan...